The tool lending library is part of the Raplab wood workshop and facilitates access to simple hand tools and machines. You can find the following machines / kits in the tool lending library inside of the wood workshop:
- Model-Building Kit
- Sheet Metal Kit
- Cordless Drill
- Tool box
- Cordless Bandsaw (Metall)
- Track saw*
Notes and Rules
- You have to have a valid ETH-Card, a Raplab-Account and you passed the basic introduction to the wood workshop in order to use the tool lending library.
- Tools can only be lent during opening hours and must be returned the same day.
- Tools from the tool lending library are ment to be used inside of the raplab only!
- Please check the content of the systainer at the beginning to ensure that everything is in order. Report any missing parts to the Raplab-Staff immediately.
- Tools labeled with an asterisk are available on special request and require training by the Raplab-Staff.
- Exceptions regarding lending time are Model-Building Kits, Sheet Metal Kits and Cordless Drills. Maximum lending time 24h. Can be used outside Wood Workshop.
The ETH Baubibliothek offers a large assortment of hand or power tools if you need
for at home or to work somewhere other than the wood workshop! Check their website for further information.